Monday 6 September 2010

Two apologies, a link and virtual sock drawer

Hello all. Just a quick note to say I'm missing you all back in Britain. Three weeks just wasn't enough, and I still haven't got round to apologising to the many decent folk I just couldn't fit in.

So, it's back to Japan - everyday since being back has been like a sauna. Sounds fun I'm sure from chilly Britain, but 30 days on the trot with temperatures over 30C and humidity a few notches away from 100 gets tiresome very quickly.

Anyway, moaning aside, I've got a fun task to do - help sub-edit an article my old school pal Mrunal has written about raising his disabled son and balancing work. I'm looking forward to doing it, but I want to do a great job, so have been putting it off in typical poor time management on my part.

Apologies again, will get to it shortly. In the meantime, here's a bit of proper writing I did for a Washington DC political blog. That was fun too, but think I should spend my time on writing that great unfinished novel sitting in my virtual sock drawer.

Time marches on!

2 comments:

Jason said...

hey Pat, just caught up with your video.. some famous friendly faces there.. your Dad, Jane, Kevin (with a bald head, for some reason), Mrunal, and your lovely family :)

Love that quote btw. Very hypersynchronous :)

My own website is having a little backups crisis.. I am now in Bavaria, your Dad would be thigh-slappingly pleased to hear. 200 Year Oktoberfest has just finished this weekend, but to be honest I did not go, since alcohol affects me since I transitioned (don't ask).

Did you get the chance to read "Amazing Grace" yet?

http://books.google.com/books?id=x5s-r7Zx0MgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=amazing+grace+david+wolfe&source=bl&ots=J0L9lLUfeP&sig=458j3w1KDEuDQvSSkTA19ielGIE&hl=en&ei=gXenTOLaFZGfOpSOtbYM&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

I reckon it's "up there" with many of the classics.

Anyways, that's all for now, your old drummer, Jase.

Jason said...

Oh, my Dad passed away in May too. No big deal. He has returned to spirit in style and with grace.