Sunday 30 March 2008

A Japanese tea ceremony

I've had a couple of nice e-mails recently from family in the States and friends in the UK, thanks to all for writing, and as is becoming a familiar refrain, sorry I haven't written back to most, but I am thinking of you. A former colleague at a Midlands newspaper (that shall remain nameless)  wrote how she would love to see the sub-editors department performing  "I'm a Little Teapot" every morning. The Japanese are often lampooned for the exercise rituals observed at more conservative companies, but I can see benefits. Nothing would cut a pompous boss or middle manager down to size like a public exhibition of his or her handle-and-spout/tip-me-up-and-pour-me-out moves. I can think of several former bosses whose daily dose of humiliation would benefit office morale, I'm sure you can too.

No comments: