Monday 5 May 2008

Had my fill

We've had a lovely weekend, I spent Saturday night in downtown Tokyo supping a beer or two and scoffing some not bad tandoori chicken with former Daily Yomiuri colleagues, and then on Sunday we had a great time with our friends from Kamakura chomping through some yaki nikku (cuts of beef and any vegetables left in the fridge, fried on a hot plate on the dinning room table), when I just thought I'd check out the internet and see how Leicester City Football Club were doing, and blow me if they haven't got themselves relegated to the old third division, their worst position in history. It wasn't so long ago that I was supping a beer in Takadanobaba (although it sounds like something James Brown would shout into the microphone, it is actually a suburb of Tokyo) watching LCFC take on Spurs for the League Cup (which the mighty Foxes managed to miss out on then). I suppose it's only justice after the schadenfreude of seeing Nottingham Forest fall through the same trap door a couple of seasons ago. It's all too depressing to dwell on, so here are some pretty pictures to look at instead.

Teganuma lake. The odd-looking Mosque-like building is actually a water museum.


Emma/Snow White in our front garden. 

Two little mermaids on a rock beside the lake. 

No comments: