Sunday 4 January 2009

A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR!



We just got back from Kamakura, a former capital of Japan back in the olden days before foreigners had been invented, so I haven't had a chance to wish you all a Happy New Year, allow me to do the honours:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I did spend the last hour trying to upload a nice video of the beach, but the system is conspiring against me, I will try again another day. As you would have been able to see, it was lovely, sunny, warm and full of middle-aged and elderly surfers. The place had a Bohemian feel to it, and was much like Brighton, apart from being sunny, warm and full of surfers, who incidentally would ride to the beach on bicycles with their boards held on purpose-made panniers. Oh, and Kamakura has a big Buddha. (Remember him?) It's been a full year since we were last there, so it is becoming something of a family tradition, though next year I'd love to be able to come back to the UK before I forget all my English.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! And thank you for the Twelve Days of Christmas video and the great photos of all the kids. Glad you had a good time at the seaside. Hope to see you in England soon!

Our Man in Abiko said...

Just doing my job, Ma'am. But yes, Happy New Year.