Friday 11 July 2008

Training tips

My little sister has asked me to share some of my training tips for running a half-marathon, so I am glad to oblige and hope that I may inspire others. So here are my top 10 tips:
  1. It's hot out there, so drink plenty of liquids. I find that a couple of half-litre cans of Suntory Malts 5.5% beer are a great thirst quencher.
  2. A can of Salsa Pizza Pringles is a perfect accompaniment to the cans of Suntory.
  3. Have another can of Suntory to wash down all those salty e-numbers.
  4. You are now in a perfect state of mind to consider how important running will be to fight the mysterious weight gain that is creeping up on you.
  5. Check your blog for additional tips.
  6. The latest medical opinion is that eating plenty of peanuts will give you energy.
  7. While reading the suggested training schedule that my little sister had photocopied out of Runner's World, notice a copy of Che Guevara's Motorcycle Diaries and read a few entries.
  8. Start thinking that if he were alive today he would have been just one of millions of bloggers. 
  9. Have a quick nap to consider all of the above information.
  10. Time for bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'The latest medical opinion is that eating plenty of peanuts will give you energy.'
fianlly my research gets the recognition it deserves.

Our Man in Abiko said...

Any other tips on the edge of medical knowledge?

Jane said...

Will try these tips out starting tonight with a beer then! Thanks Pat.