Monday 11 August 2008

Arun's on his way home


I'm delighted to report that my old school friend Mrunal and wife Clare are planning to bring their newborn baby son home from hospital at the end of the month (seen here taking a stroll in London). But let me allow Mrunal to explain: "I wanted to send out some photos of our darling little boy Arun. As you know he has had quite some journey. He was born weighing in at just 600 grams- right on the cusp of viability. As he was born he suffered a brain haemmorhage that has left him with some damage that he will have to contend with. However, he has shown the most incredible courage and has come through more in his short life than I have in 37 years. He has had seven operations, two broken arms, countless drugs and procedures. Words like character, determination and inspiration are often used lightly but not in Arun's case. If ever I want an example of all three I need look no further than my son." 
Clare said that the memorial fund for Arun's twin brother Rohan has raised enough so far for a new ventilator at the ward where he was cared for. Fingers crossed Arun can make it home this month.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats great news paddy,how old is the little fella,do you know?

Jane said...

Fantastic news! x

Our Man in Abiko said...

Well he was born on February 25th, so that would make him just shy of six months.