Thursday 25 September 2008

All aboard

I was going to pontificate about the new President of the Liberal Democratic Party (the perennial party in power here), who has automatically become the new prime minister (pictured left, the one without loin cloth). The most interesting thing about him is that his name, Mr Aso, sounds rude in English. He is allegedly gaffe-prone, so there may be more interesting times ahead. His policies appear to be to increase spending and cut taxes. He has a reputation as a nationalist and allegedly likes reading manga comics. The man also likes wearing dapper suits, so he is a bit more exciting than catching a train, which made me think, perhaps the folks back in Blighty might enjoy watching me doing just that. Well, I do like to please, so here goes. This was shot a few weeks back on a Sunday shopping trip. Have you got your ticket?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

'only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun'

betcha all the locals are wondering 'why on earth is that bloke filming a train?'

any chance you could go to Tokyo at rush hour and film that.could be funny,not particularly ehalthy for you,but funny for us.

Our Man in Abiko said...

Er, no.

Our Man in Abiko said...

On second thoughts, maybe. One reason I teach from home is to avoid the discomfort of the Tokyo rush hour, but in my mission to explore and explain I'll film it the next time I'm in it.