Monday 10 November 2008

Cut out for life as a crime-fighter



It is always reassuring to see a policeman keeping watch as you take money out of a bank cash machine. Well, not that reassuring at our local bank. Our officer is less a man of steel, more a man of cardboard. Is this an example of cash-strapped banks skimping on security? Actually, our recyclable bobby is just a friendly reminder to impressionable old folk to beware of con artists impersonating their cash-strapped grandchildren with designs on their pensions. And I thought Japan was a crime-free paradise...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Japanese banks are more solvent than most.

In my experience virtually all financial intermediaries or 'advisers' give advice on the basis of their commision structure.

call me cynical etc

Our Man in Abiko said...

Hey DK, I'm thinking of opening a Citibank account. In your professional opinion, is my money safe with them? And did you ever get that O'Brian book from Julian?

Anonymous said...

yes I did and i've still not read it but I will.

in terms of banks big is best.HSBC has a broad global depositor base and I like broad global depositor bases....remember though,I am a doctor.