Friday 7 November 2008

Mellow fruitfulness... or how 'bout them apples?



For a start, these aren't apples, they're kaki, otherwise known as persimmons, a sort of cross between an apple and a tangerine, but neither crunchy like an apple, nor juicy like a tangerine. Anyway, I thought it was time to say welcome back to Japan after Tower Tales' trip through the US elections and return to less weighty matters, such as these fruit in my garden. I can't get excited about persimmons, but folks here (and the local crows) can't get enough of them, so I thought I would snap a picture of them before they disappear. To see more fruit and veg in the raw, click here. Hmmm. I'm missing the elections already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but you do politics a lot better than fruit.

obviously that poem we studied in O level english stuck in your mind

Our Man in Abiko said...

Hee hee. You got me! I can only remember the first two lines, "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, close bosom friend of the maturing sun." But well done for getting the reference. How bout them apples, huh?

Our Man in Abiko said...

On another literary note, did you ever read that O'Brian novel?