Thursday 20 November 2008

Throw-away comment



Here's a nice shot of that dapper Taro Aso, Japan's Prime Minister, looking feisty in a campaign poster (presumably left over from the rubber stamp competition for leadership of the Liberal Democratic Party a couple of weeks ago, because no General Election has been called to my knowledge). Shame that his supporter chose to plonk his image beside a rubbish collection point. Is this an unwitting editorial comment on his party's perennial unpopularity?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.37signals.com/svn/posts/1407-why-the-drudge-report-is-one-of-the-best-designed-sites-on-the-web

paddy,you've absolutely got to read this if you're thinking about a longer term blogging carrer.

Anonymous said...

the cooments are very interesting too.

Anonymous said...

it's not printing my name
datsun k

Our Man in Abiko said...

Absolutely spot-on link there, Datso. In the same vein, check out the Between the Covers bookshop site in my links page. The idea of the site is to give the feel of an antiquarian (that means second hand, doc) bookshop. It too is messy and quirky, but somehow makes you want to visit again, which is the point.

Personally, I feel that aesthetics can be good, but I like the cluttered approach too (he says, sitting on the fence).

I am thinking of the next move in cyberspace. I've been spending the odd moments of the day collating a feed of Japan blogs. There are surprisingly quite a few good uns, and a few good online news sites, but nothing as comprehensive as Drudge and none (so far) that are opinionated like Guido.

I think my ideal Japan blog would have the layout of Between the Covers, the comprehensiveness of Drudge, the writing style of Agent's Diary, the political stance of the Huffington Post, and the balls of Guido. Am I the man for the job? I'll give it a shot.

Think it will need a new blog all its own.

Just what kind o doctor are you?