Friday 14 November 2008

North by Northwest... to Akebonoyama Park


I had a bit of a Cary Grant moment the other day. It was quite sunny and we decided to head off on a picnic to far distant Akebonoyama Park (at least 20 minutes and two buses away). We'd never been there before so were a bit perturbed when the bus driver got to the end of his route and ordered everyone off at a makeshift bus stop on a long straight road by a field and, er, more fields. It was the closest I've come in this urban country to a prairie, and I found myself looking over my shoulder for evil crop-duster pilots. But we found the park and the kids managed to clamber over everything, in cliff hanger after cliff hanger. There was no Mount Rushmore in sight, alas.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/media/article5151385.ece

Paddy,local snozepapers going under big time.

Our Man in Abiko said...

Thanks for the link. Crikey, I've worked for two of those groups (Trinity Mirror and Daily Mail). There's a lot of good folk who must be really worried for their jobs. Anyone with their eyes open in the trade would know that their time was limited, but the sudden impact of the recession though is a cruel blow. Hmmm I feel a blog entry coming on...