Sunday 9 November 2008

Life outside my front door


Thanks to the internet, I can live my life in Japan, but do a pretty good job of fooling myself that I am somewhere else. Want a taste of America? It's just a click away. Fancy visiting England? I can log on to the BBC website to catch the latest news or Facebook for more mundane fare from friends and former colleagues. But every now and then I escape the confines of my virtual world and professional little England life of Tower English to see the life outside my front door. And here's a slice of it from the other day, with Mizuki, a neighbour's seven-year-old, on her way back home from visiting a temple for her 7-5-3 blessing. Our kids took part in theirs the other week, but have reverted to even more traditional pursuits of children the world over: climbing on things they are not supposed to:  



No comments: