Wednesday 25 June 2008

Fairy tale: Part I

Katherine: Dad, Dad, mphg gwerff ith wobberwee!
Dad: Take your finger out of your mouth.
Katherine:  My tooth is wobbly! It really is, just like Mizuki! I'm a big girl now! But do you think the tooth fairy can make it over from England? 
Dad: I expect so.  
Katherine: But how will she pay me?
Dad: Er...
Katherine:  Because they don't use pounds here.
Dad:  She'll probably get the Japanese tooth fairy to help her, and er, then you will get a 500 yen coin.
Katherine: I'm going to tell Baa-chan mphg gwerff ith wobberwee!
 
  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paddy,she's a bright girl not wanting payment in sterling preeferring to be long yen.

very astute.Is her Mum must be good with money.

Our Man in Abiko said...

Yes, but it will only be spent on made-in-China plastic toys no doubt, no good for the environment, or balance of payment figures.