Thursday 5 June 2008

A foregone conclusion

Mark it in your diaries folks, October 26th. A day that will live in infamy. Yes, I'm talking about the 2008 Teganuma Lake half-marathon, or as they call it here the Eco Marathon (no idea why). I know I mentioned before that I was in training for it, but, ahem, after two outings I came down with a bad cough and, er, haven't done any running for a month at least.  I have applied for clearance to take part in the race and, this being the world's most organised country, had to fill out the time I expect to complete the race in, before I have actually done any training to speak of. Still, what could go wrong between now and race day?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Getting your excuses in early aren't you? You've got four months Patrick. Ample time, I'd say.
Lynwen

Jane said...

Come on Pat...you are the one that got me into running! Sure you'll be fine!