Saturday 28 June 2008

Fairy tale: Part II

In an izakaya (pub with good food) somewhere East of Tokyo:

Katherine:  I have to be careful because my tooth could come out at any time.
Dad: Don't worry, just eat on the sides of your mouth.

After a round of yaki-tori (grilled chicken on kebab skewers). Katherine begins wailing, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Katherine: It's gone.  I've lost it.
Mum: Uh oh...
Emma: She's crying.
Dad: What?
Katherine: I thought it was (sob) just a (bigger sob) tough bit of chicken.
Mum: Let me see your mouth...
Emma: She got no tooth.
Katherine: Now the tooth fairy won't visit!
Mum: Write her a letter and she will still visit...
Dad: What?
Katherine: In English or Japanese?
Mum: Both, just to be sure.
Katherine: OK.
Emma: She stop crying.


Awaiting the Tooth Fairy by I. Mac.

No comments: