Friday 6 June 2008

Round One to Obama

So, Barack Obama leads the charge to put someone vaguely moral in the White House. Listening to his speeches and looking at him stare meaningfully off into the distance, I think he seems much more Presidential than the headmistress-like Hillary. Is America ready to vote for a black candidate? I don't know, but all I would say is that he out-Clintoned Clinton. Sixteen years ago, Bill could legitimately package himself as something new, exciting and different. This time round, his wife was campaigning as someone old, reliable and familiar, hardly likely to excite voters. But never mind Hillary, you are still leading the Tower Tales poll. By the way, I get all my political views from a balanced news source, The Onion. Click here for their latest updates on the War for the White House, and more on Obama's meaningful gaze. 

No comments: